Base Grinder User Manuals

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

prospectsnow

Base Grinder User Manuals

Post by prospectsnow »

We picked up a grindrite st1800 and st600 this summer. I am looking for the manual for the st600. I have the manual for the other.

Anyone know of one posted online?
If not, I'll scan my manual up to a pdf.
Maybe others can contribute for their machines?
We have snowboard and kiteboard build kits!
https://prtahoe.com/collections/build-kits
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Have you called Wintersteiger? I think they took over Grindrite's line. They are in Salt Lake.
airhoag

Post by airhoag »

Did you ever scan your ST1800 Manual? If so, let me know because I could really use it. Thanks.
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

I've got the Grindrite ST 600 manual in PDF if anyone needs it.
JukeSnowboarding

Post by JukeSnowboarding »

I would love that PDF if you get the chance. Interested in reading a little more into my ST600.
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Here is a link to the PDF. Juke, I sent you a PM but I don't know if it went through.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/10/21/st600-manual/
sammer

Post by sammer »

Thanks Dr.

I just added a 25' cord on mine. It was a pain to get into the electrical box, but now I can wheel it around and still reach the outlet.
I built a mobile base out of 2x4's and plywood on casters. I can move it around fairly easily and it is now about 4.5" higher which I find to be a better working height.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

My cord is just long enough for where I set it up to tune in my garage. Luckily I had an outlet already and only had to add a new plug for the cord.

I also put some swivel casters on the front so I can move the beast relatively easily.

I found some filters on ebay to set up a double stage filter, 200 micron and 25 micron.

What kind of emulsion is everyone running? I got some Kleen Machine from SVST because they were out of the synthetic Kool Kut. I've only had experience with mineral oil based and it smells kinda nasty. They say it has a "lemon aroma to enhance your working environment" but I'm not so sure about that! Anybody care to comment on any synthetic they have used?
zenbike

Re: Base Grinder User Manuals

Post by zenbike »

@Dr. Delam, do you still have that ST600 Manual PDF? The link is expired, but I could really use it. Thanks, Josh
ACEisthePLACE

Post by ACEisthePLACE »

I really need any manuals available. I don't know what year my machine is, but it is OLD. I have everything pulled apart, and took the motors to an electric motor store to have them serviced and to get em working again. Looks like the gear "thing" of the feed motor is seized, so I have to figure that one out too. It is either a Grindrite or a Ski tuner brand. It's so old most of the stuff is rusted or painted over. All the plastic has to be replaced, but its a good project. I'm scraping off the pain in areas that are covered in rust and am going to give it a good coat of spray paint when I can. The manuals would be very helpful if I can get my hands on any of them, for wiring, motor stuff etc. Thanks in advance if anyone has access to these
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

I've got the ST600 manual somewhere but I think it is on an old computer or backup hard drive somewhere. I am transitioning computers and need to get everything back in order. I'll find it soon. I promise!
FigmentOriginal

Post by FigmentOriginal »

Email the service folks over at Wintersteiger. I just picked up a Grindrite machine with no manuals and they were quick to respond and supplied all the manuals for free.

https://www.wintersteiger.com/us/Ski-Se ... merica/USA
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Try this link for the Grindrite ST600 manual.
coreshot

Post by coreshot »

Wintersteiger did not have an operations manual but they just sent me a parts manual