Bladder construction with no goop

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Head Monkey

Bladder construction with no goop

Post by Head Monkey »

I've been working on a pneumatic press recently, and I finally got around to putting up some pictures and a little bit of info here: http://www.happymonkeysnowboards.com/Mo ... onnections

I spent some time on the bladder construction and ended up with something I like a lot. There is no "goop" involved in this, just a little Teflon tape around the threads. It is leak free to 90psi. I've put detailed info and part numbers at the bottom of the page linked above. I hope it will help you guys out, too.

Last edited by Head Monkey on Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
G-man

Post by G-man »

Mike,

Very nice solution on the fittings. It's easy to tell that you spent quite alot of time searching the pages of the McMaster catalog for just the right parts. Thanks for sharing your efforts with us.

Your press looks very clean and... BEEFY. Very nice website, too. I'm betting, judging from the way you do things, you turn out some real nice boards.

I hope you continue to keep us posted.

G-man
kelvin
Site Admin

Post by kelvin »

Mike,
Looks great! Nice press too.

On our hose, nothing will stick to it. It is also double layer, so cranking down on the end bolts doesn't seal it. I put 1" foam rubber weather stripping on the inside just under the angle iron ends and it seals the ends pretty well.

I've seen the boards that Mike makes and they are amazing.

-kelvin
CAPTAINoCRUNCH

Post by CAPTAINoCRUNCH »

Very helpful! Thanks.