MonkeyCAM tutorial online Skype event - please register here

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

richie

MonkeyCAM tutorial online Skype event - please register here

Post by richie »

ok I see a few people showed interest in a tutorial on MonkeyCAM. I propose that I run an interactive session where I can demo MonkeyCAM for Windows and MAC users to show you what its all about, as best I can.

You guys all have your strengths and some/most/all of you have more cnc experience than me , but I'm not teaching you cnc here its just about the MonkeyCAM and how to get up and running with it. You will be pleasantly surprised its not hard at all to use and very effective.

Once more of you know about this software then I'd hope you can help us test it more and use it for your projects and feedback issues and ideas.

So please, and sorry if you already have done this elsewhere, but anyone who is interested in this session, lets make it about an hour, just put your name below please. Once I have a few of you booked I will lock in a date and let you know.

I used a Skype desktop sharing session last time and it worked pretty well so I propose to do the same again this time.

Given we are all over the world I am prepared to be flexible in the time so long as it is when I am not at work or up in the snow!!!!

cheers
Rich
MonkeyCAM and SnoCAD - https://github.com/mikemag
Ski binding mounting https://github.com/splitn2/DrillSki

Richard Harcourt | www.splitn2.com | Christchurch New Zealand
rich@splitn2.com | www.facebook.com/splitn2
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

I'd love to see a tutorial about this.
motoman

Post by motoman »

Interesting idea. Tomorrow I will use waterjet cutting.
joeyrideout

Post by joeyrideout »

Yeah a tutorial would be most excellent!