Vacuum pump?

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Wheatlpa

Vacuum pump?

Post by Wheatlpa »

So i was going to spend a lot of money on a 5cfm pump from veneersupplies but after reading through many pages of pump questions i have decided to try out the used market. Now, i know nothing about pumps and what i should be looking for. I know that i want oil-less and something in the 4 to 5 cfm range and preferably 110v. I have searched eBay and have found a lot on offer.

Now i need some advice, is this kind of pump something i might want to buy? It seems to tick all of my boxes (although not sure what the cfm is) I will be following up with the seller on more details but i wanted to get the forums opinion on this. i would rather be safe than spend money on something that will not work for me.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/GAST-Oilless-Va ... 5#viTabs_0
Wheatlpa

Re: Vacuum pump?

Post by Wheatlpa »

After some more reading and looking around i have decided to purchase the reconditioned Thomas pump (3.15 CFM) from Veneersupplies along with the parts for the continuous run pump kit. As much as i like to build things these two products fall into the not really that expensive and very convenient column that i really like. Add to that the support for a guy who runs a great store and has always answered my emails and questions right away.

on to the next part of the project!
MadRussian

Re: Vacuum pump?

Post by MadRussian »

I have a vacuum pump. Oil type 7 CFM iirc. Intended for continuous run. can ship without oil or come by to pick up in Vermont when I go to ski :D
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison