ON3P Skis

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

plywood

Post by plywood »

either those skis are hughe or zoe is pretty petite....
so tell me, how long are those sticks? and by the way: this topsheet is awesome!
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
iggyskier

Post by iggyskier »

plywood wrote:either those skis are hughe or zoe is pretty petite....
so tell me, how long are those sticks? and by the way: this topsheet is awesome!
Both. Skis are 191cm (pulled tip to tail) 141/113/128. And Zoe is about 5'3". I was definitely funny to see her holding them.

And yeah, I think this topsheet came out great. My graphic guy has done a great job thus far.
PanoJibber

Post by PanoJibber »

Hey, did you use them for park at all, because I want to know if home made can handle park well. And if you did, what were you doing in the park, conditions, size of features etc.
iggyskier

Post by iggyskier »

PanoJibber wrote:Hey, did you use them for park at all, because I want to know if home made can handle park well. And if you did, what were you doing in the park, conditions, size of features etc.
This pair isn't my park ski. More designed as an everyday ski in the PNW. It was used a bit in the park and pipe at the West Coast Sessions at Meadows and Skibowl a few weeks ago and did fine. This was on 20-35 foot kickers and a pipe. But again, 191cm tip to tail, so a lot of ski and they weren't getting thrown around as much.

My park ski is a 179cm and around 95 underfoot, so a lot smaller than this ski.
Cornbiscut

Post by Cornbiscut »

the skis look great....you should buy a welder and drop more skiing pics than shop pics
endre

Post by endre »

yes! this is just what we need in this forum, pics of girls showing skis. We have to make the skibuilders forum more TGR-ish, less enineer-ish.

thanks man

great skis by the way.
PanoJibber

Post by PanoJibber »

iggyskier wrote:
PanoJibber wrote:Hey, did you use them for park at all, because I want to know if home made can handle park well. And if you did, what were you doing in the park, conditions, size of features etc.
This pair isn't my park ski. More designed as an everyday ski in the PNW. It was used a bit in the park and pipe at the West Coast Sessions at Meadows and Skibowl a few weeks ago and did fine. This was on 20-35 foot kickers and a pipe. But again, 191cm tip to tail, so a lot of ski and they weren't getting thrown around as much.

My park ski is a 179cm and around 95 underfoot, so a lot smaller than this ski.
So.... How do you like the park skis then in general, whats their swing weight like, have you ever had any problems with them? I just really want to know how self-made park skis would hold up because I'm looking to build some myself.

And..
I envy you for going to WCS hahaha.
alloyguitar

Post by alloyguitar »

wow, being a college student myself (and broke, might I add), I can appreciate just how much went into getting this project off the ground.

Way to go, man!
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

those are some nice looking skis and model 8)

where did you get your supplies like that HUGE roll of fiberglass etc

thanks
iggyskier

Post by iggyskier »

Roll was from Composite one.

I currently have another 6 pairs done i need to finish, otherwise here is just a few more material prep pics.

All about to get cut up

VDS

if only...

One of my cats is strange

Packets containing vds and carbon for each ski I am building

tipspacers

Little jig for cutting material. makes it really easy to slide the base material and cut where i need to

Stock of base material and fiberglass broken up for 191cm, 186cm, and 179cm skis plus binding mats. 90+ binding mats and about 180 sections of glass

Lots more cores
plywood

Post by plywood »

someone`s going pretty big eh?!

50pairs... that`s what for example birdos (a swiss custommade ski company) builds in a year... not bad! congrats!
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
iggyskier

Post by iggyskier »

bump for a pic of 38 of the 92 finished cores. others are in my core storage rack.

new rocker profile
iggyskier

Post by iggyskier »

still need to trim and finish the last six pairs, but otherwise 46 pairs fully completed. i will just post a bunch of pics now....9 different shapes.

this is about 40 pairs. a lot of taped together, so they look like one. guy is my buddy sam. sorry about quality, but camera screen got smashed so i cannot see things until they are on my computer.

i think 25 pairs or so just on far wall.
endre

Post by endre »

been busy! looks nice.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

you did that in a month? awesome!!

I cant wait until we get into it full-bore, we only have five different shapes so we're hoping to bang out like 30+ boards by mid october.
Doug