Binders?

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

rockaukum

Binders?

Post by rockaukum »

Okay,
So mounting my tele binders= no problems. However, I have a need to mount some alpine binders on two sets of skis (personal use). One set of skis is your standard design, full camber more of GS sidecut. the other set is camber, rocker front and rear (little rear rocker). the second ski is similar to the rosi s7(?).
So, Where do I mount the binders? The first pair is mounted but I'm thinking a little too far to the rear as tip pressure is hard to come by.
Any suggestions? Basic mounting thoughts?
Thanks,
ra
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

The typical boot center for an alpine ski is 55% of the length of the ski. That's what I use. The boot center should be at of very close to the waist of the ski.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

I mount my skis with demo to create artificially 1.5" travel in both directions from set point.

several discussions at TRG on the subject. I saved a couple just in case. Maybe this can help you.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... ld%20press

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... post172687
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
pmg

Post by pmg »

Are the Skis self-built or bought? Every factory ski has a middle marking, either on top of the ski or on the sidewall (often a "I"). The center of the boot should be at the center of the ski, so at this marking.
If the skis are self-built, you'll surely know where the middle is ;)
pmg

Post by pmg »

What I forgot: Every ski boot has a middle marking, usually somewhere in the middle of the sole ;)