binding reinforcement

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

jono

Post by jono »

my mold has 45mm of tip rise and 11mm tail rise
my ski has 24mm of tip rise and 8mm tail rise

This ski has about 30 days of use and is made of douglas fir 9mm at the thickest point. the ski is 145mm/122mm/130mm
pavelbozak

Post by pavelbozak »

well, the skis are almost ready, just waiting for polyurethane coat and base grindindg.

finally after doing a bit stiffer core than I expected, I realized to give the longtitudal carbon stringers out... Not sure if it was good idea. Yes the ski is quite stiff even without it but I wanted them a bit stiffer. Afterall we will see how it works, it is still way stiffer than for example Scott pure 194 (I can compare with them, cause they are hanging in my garage...:)

The most I like about these skis I the weight.... 2388 g the first and 2398 g the second ski... For those dimensions and stifness I consider it very fine and I ll mount guardian 16 to them...

I wanted similiar rocker to sidecut. So I counted that the rodker will fall down cca 50 % according to the bottom mold. Finally I get rocker a bit wealthier than I wanted (wanted 6-7 mm in the widest points and got 8-8.3 mm). I hope it will still work in mixed conditions or crud...

some pictures (sorry about the smartphone quality...):