CAD guys with ski design experience

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Cadman

CAD guys with ski design experience

Post by Cadman »

I know of some guys up in the Whistler area that are ramping up to build skis and need someone with good cad skills that is experienced and wants to help out with ski shapes and component designs for CNC parts. Anyone out there that you know that is interested? pm me if you know anyone.
gav wa

Post by gav wa »

How much ya offering? :D :D :D

Seriously though, all the people on here building decent skis and boards have invested hundreds of hours and heaps of cash into working out their own designs and processes. You're not going to get anybody volunteering all that knowledge so your mates can build their business.
It might sound a bit nasty to you, but when you think about it why would they so happily hand over everything they have worked so hard on.

If you read through all the build pages then you will find more than enough info to get started anyway, if even that is too much effort for your mates then they have chosen the wrong idea for a business.
Cadman

Post by Cadman »

They aren't looking for freebee stuff. This was a legitimate request for someone interested in getting involved with these guys that is around the Whistler area. What they are looking for is someone with good cad experience and some history of doing some design work and is familiar with ski design. They are not just starting out with a vacuum bag and a bunch of resin and glass.
IslandRider

Post by IslandRider »

Hit me up with a PM and some details, I could probly fit the bill. In Kelowna, but will be in and out of Whistler working until at least middle of November if all goes well.