Materials Store is Open!

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

kelvin
Site Admin

Materials Store is Open!

Post by kelvin »

We are proud to announce the opening of our store. :D
You can find it here:
http://www.skibuilders.com/store/
You can also get to it from the header at the top of the homepage.

As of 1/25/07 we only have triaxial fiberglass and edges in stock, but everything else is on its way. Expect more sometime next week. Our goal is to make getting materials easier and faster.

We have tested the store quite a bit, but since this is a new endevour, for the first couple of months we would like you to send a email if you do place an order. That way we can make sure nothing falls through the cracks. The online ordering is secure through paypal.

Please leave us feedback and let us know how everything went. We want to provide the best customer service as possible. Please also let us know if you are looking for something in particular, or something that you think we should offer, we might be able to work something out. At this time, we are trying to decide if we are going to offer epoxy. The problem would be shipping since it is classified as hazardous material.

thanks for all your support.
-skibuilders
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

excellent! I'll be getting something as soon as I get set up here a bit.

I now officially love this place!!!!!!
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

edges ordered

Not sure where you want an email sent to so I'll post here for now
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

not to be offensive or anything but how do your prices compare to other places?

thanks I have never bought this stuff but this looks like a good 1 stop shop once you get more
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

Its not just the prices.. its the time saved from searching, checking out other sources, not having to buy a million yards at once, and above all.. supporting a forum that we all gain knowledge from.

I don't care if they make a fair profit, as long as its easy for me to find things. My billable time goes for $75/hr, so any time they save me is well worth it.

Think of this place as a family.. and with any family sometimes you have to pay for dinner!

(sorry.. giddy from finding edges!)
Lennard

Post by Lennard »

oh, in a shop in germany they want 15€ per meter nearly $20
mhm, i guess shipping to europe is more than 5.99 ?
Buuk

Post by Buuk »

Lennard, what are you talking about? Triax fiberglass?
Make things as simple as possible, but not too simple
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

wow.. fast shipping! Thanks guys!
G-man

Post by G-man »

Great endeavor K's. For the new folks to the site, I can assure you that I have spent dozens and dozens of hours (probably closer to hundreds) searching out sources for these products and have ended up extremely frustrated with my prior attempts to find and receive all of these materials that will now be available through the one-stop shopping at the skibuilders site. Reliable availability and shipping will be a major godsend. Pricing looks very reasonable.

I already have most of the materials I need for my next 20 or 30 pair of skis, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some truly clear top sheet material if the skibuilder's store should decide to stock some (hint, hint).

G-man
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

hi G-man: yes, clear topsheet!

our goals are to stock all the required materials and to save everyone time and hassle. having said that, we'd like to hear about builders' wish list in terms of what we should offer.... and oh, feedback is extremely important to us!

like i said, we're very committed to this community and we're very grateful to everyone who has contributed ... keep it coming...
powdercow

Post by powdercow »

I will second both thoughts by G-man. The "sourcing" part for me absolutely blew my time table.
My first thought on reading your post Kelvin was a hope that I could get really thin uhmwpe for top sheets. That would be an awesome addition.
- Ben
Lennard

Post by Lennard »

Buuk wrote:Lennard, what are you talking about? Triax fiberglass?
yes :evil:

but i got 15m² on ebay for 31€ and 9€ shipping, 0.4m*38m (4 pairs of ski 10€ per pair)
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

got the edges today - a day early! They are in great shape and I even managed to get them unpacked and untaped without poking out my eye or cutting off a finger!

Great fast service! Can't wait for more goodies!!

btw.. you may want to make this post sticky
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
mattym

Post by mattym »

Thats awesome K's - definately well received by the community here it seems for sure! I am just new to this and it seems that alot of the supply issues I have read about in older posts are overcome now uve opened the store- I hope everyone here supports you in the endeavor.
So hopefully I'll be making a pair or 2 this season using one of the local guys' press and what not (but will still have to get the materials for my ski) - hoping to catch up with him soon to check his set up out. But when I go back home to Aus I'm more than definately going to build my own setup, so my only request in terms of feedback on this is - do you think at some stage you will look to ship internationally and do you think it will be viable at a reasonable shipping price?? SCHUSS already hit me up with a bunch of suppliers back in aus (cheers for that dude!!!!) but there were still those few things he had to ship - if you were doing international orders at some stage that would be so awesome!!!
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

hi everyone. we're working on shipping internationally, and we'll do our best to keep the cost as low as possible... once we figure it out, we'll let you know.