triaxial 22oz

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

ben_mtl

triaxial 22oz

Post by ben_mtl »

Hi guys,

I might get a hand on some fibreglass (triaxial 22oz) shortly... actually I would have almost 20 rolls (80meters x 31cm), each roll will fit roughly 20 snowboards or 20 pairs of skis.
I can have a good price if I buy this amount of glass but obviously as I'm just building skis for pleasure I won't need all that stuff. So I'm checking if some of you would be in for a "grouped order" (20 rolls is a huge expense, don't want to buy if nobody is interested)
It will be only full rolls, price 120 US$ + shipping.

PM me if interested.
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

that's cheap as hell.
If its the same place i got my triax from, I paid 250 US shipped for one roll.
Doug
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

yep as I answered via PM it's the same stuff... when bought 1 roll at a time it's 250 CAN$ + shipping.
Very good stuff indeed !
kirol

Post by kirol »

I would definitely be interested in at least one roll!
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

assuming you got my PM. I'm in for a role. put me down! Assuming shipping won't be too exorbitant to montuckistan.
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

Sorry I was sure I answered..
Based on an estimate regarding size and weight of the package, the shipping to Bozeman would be around 20$ (maybe less but let's be conservative) for a roll.
The only thing is to have this price I have to cross the boarder to have it shipped directly from the US. I won't do it everyday so I'll wait to have like 4 or 5 persons to ship to.

For larger orders I don't know if you have such a thing in the US but here in Canada we have a freight service with Greyhound, which can be a bit cheaper than regular mail for large packages. I'll have a look into it.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

yep freight with greyhound is supa cheap. You may be able to ship that way direct from CA.
I would do 40 shipped from CA. I send stuff to canada all the time. usually a 2ft x 1ft x 10 inch box usually averages around 28.00USD
Sooner would be better than later. Thanks!! :D
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

Well !

I went to get the stuff yesterday ! long day (6h drive, one way)
So I have plenty of rolls for sale, the actual weight is around 50lbs per roll !
Don't even think of having it shipped from Canada, they charge at least 100 CAN$ (87 US$) and I even learned today that greyhound is not available from Montreal !!
To save on shipping I will cross the boarder and ship any US order directly from the US, of course I won't drive 3h for every order, I'll wait to have a bunch of orders to ship.

I will also consider selling the fibreglass per meter for 5$/meter, it's 12.5in wide so 4 meters are needed for a pair of skis or a snowboard.
Those small orders will be shipped from Canada though but it might not be very expensive.

Ben
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

Here is a pic of one of the rolls, dimensions are 13" tall x 11" radius
jeff@shaggys

Post by jeff@shaggys »

Just wanted to give a shout out to Ben, I just got 6 rolls very quick and much easier than going to utopie for it. Thanks for the good product.
Jeff
skishaggys.com
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

its good glass too, I've built four boards with it and they're very solid performers for triax boards
Doug
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

Hi Guys,

sorry but the sale is on hold for a while as I just started a new job and have no more time to go ship the stuff.
Hopefully some other members will share their good plans ! (I'm trying to find a deal on edges for now)

Ben