anyone got clear base?

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

anyone got clear base?

Post by knightsofnii »

I need a couple pieces of clear, duraclear or iso i suppose either is fine.

13" wide or better. let me know if you have something
Doug
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

i have some older 2000 grade stuff on a roll, made a half dozen boards with it, no bonding issues

got another color? ill trade you straight up
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

What thickness? I could try getting my gray crown roll back from former cnc guy.
What else you got? Maybe we can meet somewhere and trade up. I have everything if there is something you may need a couple l
pieces of

Also got a couple meters of black unknown composition about 1.3mm thick... seems a little softer than ptex but it makes working boards that glide just fine. The gray i have is double side sanded flamed
Doug
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

i have some crown 4001 green and the unknown branded 2001 clear

the measurments are escaping me atm, ill snag some in the morning when im at the shop

ill grab some pics too

-Jacob
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

My camara didnt feel like working however

both colors are 12 and 15/16th wide, the clear is 0.048" thick and the green is 0.060

-Jacob
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

I knight

regarding the clear base and sbublimation process and then add a back print to your base , let it cure 24h usualy, do you have any edge bonding issues with cianocrilate glue.?????
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

Hugo, not sure I follow you.

I just want clear base. I have a person who runs a printing shop, I wanted to get him some to experiment with. As well as for myself to do stuff with.
I have not yet personally printed my own stuff.
Doug
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

is that the guy you mentioned who claimed he was able to print directly on the base? it'd be great if you could share the results of your tests! :)
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

not the same person,
I cant say who did that, and I honestly dont know how it was done, though i suspect he simply fed the base material thru the printer, and said "f@#k it lets see if this ink doesnt mess up bonding" and just used the stock epson inks. Then backflooded with epoxy screen ink.

I'm not at liberty to say who did it, not yet. But I can say I've got production boards sold with those bases, they're out in the field and doing just fine.

current graphic guy is a friend, wants to help the cause, wants to either screen or sub, but there's a learning curve, naturally. I'm going to work sidebyside with him with my own equipment. I just got my own printer to fiddle with. I'll talk about that elsewhere.
Doug
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

wow, if what you're suspecting was true that would be a great new way to create custom graphics!
i guess i'll have to try this myself :)
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

still need clear base, whatever you got I'll buy it all.

Doug
Doug