Socrp Duraclear topsheet

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Raccoon

Post by Raccoon »

We placed our order yesterday. It will take around 3-4 weeks before we get the material (sea freight).
we will be able to sell at 6-7$ per meter (500mm wide) maybe less depending how many we are.
PM asap if interested to book your order from us.

Julien
www.evasionkiteboards.com
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Just picked up my Duraclear topsheet at the factory in France. It is the same material supplied to Rossignol, Volkl, Dynastar, Salomon, and Burton. 0.5mm x 320mm Glossy, with protective film. I saw a production run for Rossignol while on my factory tour.

I purchased 100m roll, and I would like to sell about 30m. Email me if you have some interest. I can't beat Evasion's price he must be getting a better deal for a large buy. I had free flights to Europe, and after my cost and expenses to pick up the material, I'll sell it for what i'm into it. $13/m plus shipping. Much better quality than PBT and P-tex for about the same price.

Email if you're interested.
7evenskis@gmail.com
Raccoon

Post by Raccoon »

Hi there,

We received the topsheet materials this morning.
For those who have contacted me for the grouped order, here is my paypal address: racca_julien@hotmail.com

Shipping cost are as follow (from canada post website):

12m (and less) = $25-$28 (depending on location)
12-20m = $34-$40 (depending on location)
50m = $50-$65 (depending on location)

please visit canada post website for actual shipping charges to your location (my zip code is G0W 2L0)

The price is $7.5/m for 20m or less, $7/m for 20 to 50m.
The material is 50cm wide

all price are in canadian dollar.

Julien
threeninethree

Post by threeninethree »

This stuff is clear, clear, not milky transparent right?
~ Matt
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Super Clear, and can be digitally backprinted. I just had some done by a friend who prints vinyl carwraps and the test bonded perfectly.

I only have 15m left for sale, but evasionkites probably still has a bunch. Either way, its great stuff.[/img]
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

awesome!! could you ask your printing guy what sort of printer and inks he uses? i guess its some sort of solvent / eco-solvent system...
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

It is an eco-solvent ink system. I'll be going to see him on monday at his shop. I'll get more info for you about the inks and printer.
vol

Post by vol »

Raccoon wrote:It is TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) with UV stabiliser. Gloss finish, corona treated on the bonding side and protective film on the top side.
very common material in the ski and snowboard industry. Socrep is probably the biggest supplier of clear topsheet in the industry.

Julien
this plastic suitable for sublimation?
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

I'm having some test printed with sublimation and several different processes of digital printing this week. I'll let you know how it goes. After testing, the bonds are significantly stronger without graphics digitally printed. It hasn't been an issue with the skis I am testing on snow, but if I can find a more durable better way, i'm all for it.
vol

Post by vol »

I look forward ;)
Raccoon

Post by Raccoon »

Still have around 50-70m of this super material for sale. $7 /m, 50cm wide, 0.3mm thick.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

any news on the sublimation printing on this stuff?
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Sorry for not posting sooner, I forgot about it for a minute. I did have the material sublimated, and the results are ok, but not super crisp. Digital printing has caused some weakness in the bond this season. Screen printing with Nazdar ink adding the 'snowboard Catalyst' seems to work the best so far. I just received some printed fiberglass and polyester veil that I am planning on testing this summer.
I have had some skis that have had topsheet delamination issues. After spending 2 hours with my composite materials rep, we decided the most likely problem is from too much pressure and too much epoxy squeezing out of the top layer next to the top sheet. After further testing, less pressure has helped. Initial pairs were being pressed at 55psi, and recent tests with better bonding were at 40psi. The test pieces held up very well from impact tests, ski edge 'chop' tests, and even peel tests.
This material chips less than Iso Sport Nylon, or PBT, but it still isn't as bomber as I would like. It's supposedly the same material as used on the Rossi S 7, so it could be the process of laying it up that is an issue as well.