Extruded base?

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

vinman

Extruded base?

Post by vinman »

I have a line on a large quantity of extruded 1.3mm base. I can get it really cheap. I would be willing to sell if for cheap as well. In the range of $3.meter.

If there is enough interest I'll buy the full roll and post here to resell. I'd need at to be able to sell at least 40 m at that price to make it worth my time.

Extruded base is more durable than sintered base but doesn't hold wax as well and tends to be slightly slower due to this.

It would be great for builders just starting out or for someone who doesn't really care about how fast their bases are.

I may end up using this for me demos since it is a bit more durable.

Buyers would pay shipping of course.

Email me at vin@whiteroomcustomskis.com if you are interested.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Meh...i have mixed experience here. Some is durable but still scraches easier than the 4001 grade sintered but takes impacts better. I would say from what i have seen it doesnt bond as well. Its ok i guess at that price but if you want to sell stuff and demo it should be the same as what you will build.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
vinman

Post by vinman »

MM I'm really only tossing it out here because I can get a lot of it for really cheap and figured someone might want to buy some to keep the cost of their builds down.

I won't buy this for myself or even have it in my possession until a get some interest from others.

I hear you in the demo side if it, good point.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com