Clear base material

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

ben_mtl

Clear base material

Post by ben_mtl »

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting rid of some clear base material I bought last year.
I have a 50m roll, I believe it's from Crown Plastics, the 2001 grade, 0.055" thick.

The trick is there's some "printing" on the bonding side of the material (ink side if you're screen printing) so basically only half of the width is really useable unless you don't care about the printing.
Basically the printing I'm talking about is a number "12" every 11 inches or so on one side of the material, see picture.

I don't know where those "numbers" come from, if anyone has already seen that please let me know... maybe I could just call Crown Plastics and see if something can be done to get rid of that..

The roll is 50 meters long, I would trade it for 20m of white base material (0.055" thick) if I can't find a way to remove those printings.

Thanks
Ben
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

OK got some interesting news : even though the printing is on the rough side, the bonding / ink side is the smooth one, which has been flame treated (the printed side has been wax infused, hence the printing)
So that changes the game since the product is 100% OK. I'm gonna keep some of it but if someone is interested let me know how much you want and I'll have a look at it.
Ben
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...