Canada?

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Steevner

Canada?

Post by Steevner »

Does anyone know where I can source materials in Canada? I don't particularly want to pay a lot just to get some materials across the border.
camhard

Post by camhard »

nowhere that I know of. it's a pain. where abouts do you live. you could try contacting a local(ish) ski/snowboard producer. fibreglass and some resin is available here. so is wood. pretty much everything except the base and edges. you should be able to find a plastic supplier for the sidewalls, but may have to buy a full sheet.

what specifically do you want and where are you?
Steevner

Post by Steevner »

Yeah, I've got plenty of resin, and wood was easy to source.
I just need my bases, edges, and topsheets.
I'm in Ontario, so I don't think there are any companies remotely close.
I tried calling Prior skis today (out of whistler), they get most of their stuff from the states, so I guess I'm pretty stuck.

There is actually someone I know that lives somewhat close to me, he runs Coiler Snowboards. I met him in april in North Carolina on a windsurfing trip. I've left him a message, so I shall see.
camhard

Post by camhard »

ya. the best i can think of is to get a shippin address in the US, then drive the stuff over the border yourself. this is what i do, but Im not sure how close you are to the border. I can get there in like 45 mins. it will be coming from out of the country one way or the other, though; no one makes base/topsheet or edges in Canada.
Steevner

Post by Steevner »

I'm equidistant from the border as you. Just need to ask some friends who have a place down there to bring my order back for me.