heat curing epoxy available in europe

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

chrismp

heat curing epoxy available in europe

Post by chrismp »

just a note for all you european builders looking for a quick heat curing epoxy made for ski/snowboard construction.

you should try the sicomin SR8500 / SZ8525 epoxy/hardener combo. readily available all over europe through various distributors (if you have trouble finding one i can give you the contacts via pn).
here's a link to the datasheet: http://www.timeout.de/Downloads/SR_8500_SZ_8525_Ski.pdf

i'm not a sales rep for sicomin, i just thought i'd share the results of my research for a heat curing epoxy readily available in europe (i'd buy from qcm if it wasn't for the long distance).
i haven't used this system myself yet, since we're not finished with building the press, but i'll definitely do a write up on our building process as soon as we're finished.

(admins: feel free to remove this post if you think it's too much of an advertisment...i just thought it could be useful to some of the members)
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

i use it and must say the results are awsome... very strengh epoxy and very squedge when hot days, but on cold days you should heat first before add the hardener.... and also you can get 1 board in one hour
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

sounds good hugo! thanks for the tip!
energy116

Post by energy116 »

Hi
SR8500 is clear epoxy or black gel ?? We need transparent to see woodcores.
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

transparent
energy116

Post by energy116 »

Thanx Prop.
Dan
energy116

Post by energy116 »

Hey hugocacola
tell me your experience with this Sr8500 I mean time and temp. in press.
Tomorow I will have this epoxys.