Wave

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Richuk

Wave

Post by Richuk »

Hi Everyone,

Thought you might like the idea of using Google Wave to stay in touch. Its real time communication that translates between various languages. It will also send content straight to your blog. Just pm with your e-mail address if you need an invite. Here's the link if you want to find out more http://wave.google.com/about.html. Are there any tech guys here who know whether it can connect direct to the forum?

Apologies if this stretches the idea of tools and equipment.

Richuk
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Eh. I tried it out a little bit a few months ago. It's basically a convoluted/more confusing Gmail. While Gmail is the best thing since sliced bread, this just seems unnecessary.
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Yeah, google, what do they know ;)
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing google, I love all their stuff. I just don't see this catching on. Certainly not in the context of ski building... we have email, and the SkiBuilders forum. Using another medium just separates discussions that should be in one location (on here)
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

dude building anything will only be outdated after 2010 anyway, we might as well just talk shit on twitter all day, and play "shaun whites build your own snowboard" for the wii
Doug