Edge suppliers

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

kohlrabi

Edge suppliers

Post by kohlrabi »

Does anyone know of any suppliers of edge material in north america other than snowboardmaterials.com?

They're badly backourdered and out of stock. I'm having to resort to scrounging what I can from mildly used skis I'm finding at thrift stores and ski shops.

It is a real pain in the ass to tear out the edges, clean them up, and rebend them.

Thanks for any information at all
G-man

Post by G-man »

I'm having simular issues. It's pretty diffucult having to be totally reliant on just one source for an item as important as the metal edges. I don't know at this time what it would take, but count me in on a team effort to find another source, even a European manufacturer, so that we can have a more available resource for edges. I'm not knocking SBM, I can only try to imagine how difficult it must be to try to project how many edges might sell in the next few months. And I'm sure it takes a long time to receive a shipment from Europe... manufacturing lead times, shipping via boat, customs, etc.

I'd also be interested in stainless steel and dimensionally larger edges.

Tearing edges out of old skis!!?? Man, I wish that I had some extra edges I could send you. That sounds like an awful chore.

Wishing us luck in finding another source.
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

I'll participate in a group order.
email direct at jedsterr (at) excite .dot com
NEngineer

Post by NEngineer »

Any update on this? Was the group order already put in?
Or did anyone find a supplier other than SBM?

thanks
-neeraj