Core Blank Group Buy

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MLReed05

Core Blank Group Buy

Post by MLReed05 »

Would anyone be interested in doing a group buy on "core blanks" (unprofiled core)? I was given the name of a supplier that sells in large quantities. They have a variety of wood avaliable. As of now, I do not have any prices. If I can get enough people interested I will get details.
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

I'd be in for 20 blanks. Double that if they're really affordable. I'd like aspen primarily. Let us know what you learn.

btw. i'll be getting your hose packed up today..... Finally.
MLReed05

Post by MLReed05 »

hose-man wrote:I'd be in for 20 blanks. Double that if they're really affordable. I'd like aspen primarily. Let us know what you learn.

I got the name of this supplier from someone that is buying aspen snowboard blanks. He told me hes buying them for about 15$ a pop after an intitial 50$ tooling fee. I know I can't make a core that cheap. I guess the biggest cost is shipping from Canada. Depending on Interest I could pick them up.
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

MLReed05 wrote:
hose-man wrote:I'd be in for 20 blanks. Double that if they're really affordable. I'd like aspen primarily. Let us know what you learn.

I got the name of this supplier from someone that is buying aspen snowboard blanks. He told me hes buying them for about 15$ a pop after an intitial 50$ tooling fee. I know I can't make a core that cheap. I guess the biggest cost is shipping from Canada. Depending on Interest I could pick them up.
I'm doing a little research, checking on the value. What are the width and thickness of the cores. Also, how many strips will the cores be made of. Will the stringers be laid out symetricaly like the core tutorial on this site suggests?

Thx. -J
MLReed05

Post by MLReed05 »

Email me with your specs.....I will draw something up and send it to them for an exact quote.

mike

MLReed05 at gmail dot.com
iggyskier

Post by iggyskier »

i would be interested as well, depending on the wood and price.

I was planning on using maple, but aspen, ash, and poplar are also being considered.
MLReed05

Post by MLReed05 »

Right now is looking like about $20 a core.
Specs:

1900mm L x 150mm W x 13mm T

15mm strips

Material: Aspen

Let me know if you are interested.
iggyskier

Post by iggyskier »

interested. sent you a PM.