I didn't trust myself to build a controller... soooooo

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Skammy

I didn't trust myself to build a controller... soooooo

Post by Skammy »

I had someone build me one :D
Right now it's only controlling one blanket (Hi-Heat) but eventually will control two..
and he put some nice strange plugs on the blanket so I could unplug it if need be and wired up the thermocouple and god my garage is so dirty compared to everyone elses.. do you guys clean up before you take pictures :D ?
I need to get the controller mounted up on the wall :o
twizzstyle

Re: I didn't trust myself to build a controller... soooooo

Post by twizzstyle »

Skammy wrote:do you guys clean up before you take pictures :D
Maybe... :oops:

Awesome controller box, very clean.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

I don't clean up, I just find the one place in my garage where I can't see the mess :)

By they way, very nice controller box. Will your buddy be helping you program it as well?
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Jekul wrote:I don't clean up, I just find the one place in my garage where I can't see the mess :)

By they way, very nice controller box. Will your buddy be helping you program it as well?
These cheap PID controllers do a pretty good job of auto-tuning (not the T-pain variety). I let mine auto-tune itself and it gets to temp quick with no oscillation.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Skammy wrote:... and god my garage is so dirty compared to everyone elses.. do you guys clean up before you take pictures :D ?.. :o
Yes, I do... otherwise OSHA would pay a vist :D

Having a woodworking shop and ski building shop in the same space... well it can get out of control. I always do a major cleaning before layups and pics.
Skammy

Post by Skammy »

Jekul wrote:I don't clean up, I just find the one place in my garage where I can't see the mess :)

He programmed it all :o he had the blanket to get it all setup :D
and he's a guy I found online that was building cnc controllers and I asked him to build me a temp controller for two blankets and it turned out really nice
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Wow, that turned out really nice! Mine's a box of bees...Omega 2733 PID controllers with 2 SSR's and the wiring, well, I can't look...I finally just slapped the top on it and mounted it, hopefully it'll never have to be opened in front of any of you :)

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... 41copy.jpg
Skammy

Post by Skammy »

skidesmond wrote:
Skammy wrote:... and god my garage is so dirty compared to everyone elses.. do you guys clean up before you take pictures :D ?.. :o
Yes, I do... otherwise OSHA would pay a vist :D

Having a woodworking shop and ski building shop in the same space... well it can get out of control. I always do a major cleaning before layups and pics.
Sawdust everywhere D: I'd go nuts

and

That doesn't look bad at all Brazen :P