base material

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Brazen

Post by Brazen »

They are a totally antiquated company that stays in business beside themselves...Burton uses Isosport, and honestly...coloring and running a flame over plastic? Really? That takes all your time? I'm in the wrong business...
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
team08

Post by team08 »

They are a totally antiquated company that stays in business beside themselves...Burton uses Isosport, and honestly...coloring and running a flame over plastic? Really? That takes all your time? I'm in the wrong business...
Burton used to use Crown for domestic production until they moved it to Austria/China.

I think coloring and flaming is the easy part for them... it is dealing with customers and production schedules that takes time. Guess who wants new colors/materials for SIA in a couple week... EVERYBODY! And guess when they want it... YESTERDAY!!! And guess when they ordered it... TODAY!!!

As for being in the wrong business... this is the USA so go ahead and start a new company!
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

so...there's something about moms and underwear with dikholes, and company shills...

something about those things...
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

figured id chime in again in this thread.

I ordered my sidewalls from crown on dec 8th, they still haven't shipped it :(
OnDeck

Post by OnDeck »

Are you getting them milled.? Oh god, don;t even start thinking about it for another month.

I decided a while ago to order slabs of sidewall and mill them myself.