turbocad

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

pbelitz

turbocad

Post by pbelitz »

Since TurboCAD keeps getting mentioned around here, I checked it out and downloaded the 15 day trial version. It's a bit different than SolidWorks, but I'm getting somewhere. But, I've got only the 15 day trial version. Did I miss the free version? Or did someone rip it and there's a mirror somewhere?

-Paul
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

I downloaded Turbocad over a year ago from the Turbocad website and it's still working. It's a very simple version but that's okay since I'm only using it for drawing and not any actual 3D modeling. I can't remember reading anything about a 15 day trial when downloading so maybe it's something new. I'm sure there a ton of ripped versions out there also.

I wish I could use Solidworks for my ski designing since I'm more familiar with it but I can't seem to get the program to print full-scale drawings over multiple pages. Anyone know how?
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)
pbelitz

Post by pbelitz »

Hm, maybe I should take another look at the turbocad site.

But I think I'll try ProE, turbocad is giving me a headache.
kelvin
Site Admin

Post by kelvin »

They used to give out a free limited edition version of turbocad but no longer do. However, you might be able to get it from: http://www.freecad.com/ do a search for turbocad.

I didn't register so don't know if it actually works.

Another solution is go to half priced books, the last time I was there, they had older versions for about $25.

Kelvin
o2bjedi

Post by o2bjedi »

you should check out SnoCad2 from grafsnowboards.com. i havn't tried turbocad but snocad is free, and works.
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

but there is a slight problem i have when using snocad. when you export the .dxf file into another program for printing you'll find that the dimensions aren't correct. i end up having to redraw the ski anyway.
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)

Post by Guest »

just try...*wildfire proe v2.0*under emule or so.. probably the best
melvs

Post by melvs »

I have pro/e (UNH uses it so I have it from school). is there a way to print full size?
-Pat