ski bindings

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

zachjowi

ski bindings

Post by zachjowi »

I bought two pairs of Ski bindins but have never mounted them or used them :oops: I am wondering if they are "good" bindings thanks.

they are

Salomon S912 TI
and
Rossignol FDX 95 FREE

thanks for your help
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

i've heard good things about the s912 TI, but I think those rossi bindings aren't too great. my first pair of skis came with some rossi FDX bindings and they were horrible.
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)
jacobsen1

Post by jacobsen1 »

Those solomons are the "gold standard" free style binding for just about everyone... The other common binding is the look binding that everyone likes with the cylinder heel piece. Rossignol is owned by the same company so they have a version of that binding too, but I have no clue on the part numbers, but the rossi binding is either very good or very bad depending on what design it is.

I ski on all Salomon 912 TIs for the record, I'm looking at getting the new Z12s or whatever they're called after I hear about their durability this season as they are VERY LIGHT... The 912 TIs are so popular because they are very light and strong, but the new version is supposed to be 1.5 pounds lighter...

Ben
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

jacobsen1 wrote:Those solomons are the "gold standard" free style binding for just about everyone... The other common binding is the look binding that everyone likes with the cylinder heel piece. Rossignol is owned by the same company so they have a version of that binding too, but I have no clue on the part numbers, but the rossi binding is either very good or very bad depending on what design it is.

I ski on all Salomon 912 TIs for the record, I'm looking at getting the new Z12s or whatever they're called after I hear about their durability this season as they are VERY LIGHT... The 912 TIs are so popular because they are very light and strong, but the new version is supposed to be 1.5 pounds lighter...

Ben
are these the good ones?

BigG

Post by BigG »

I have some Axial 140 Ti Pro bindings on my dynastar skis and those bindings are really great.

http://www.skisrossignol.com/index.php? ... etail.html
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

Zachjowi, I think those are the bad rossi bindings. The only rossi/look bindings I would ride are the ones with the wierd heel pieces like ones BigG posted. Stick with the S912's.
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

littleKam wrote:Zachjowi, I think those are the bad rossi bindings. The only rossi/look bindings I would ride are the ones with the wierd heel pieces like ones BigG posted. Stick with the S912's.
in my picture the binding s are snapped open
Buuk

Post by Buuk »

I did just buy a new s912 Ti binding from last season for only €100,-
I really like this binding as well as the s914 (only difference is that the DIN setting goes upto 14 instead of 12 and because of that it weights more) because it does only opens when it really has to. I have bad expirience with Rossignol bindings... they open sometimes when you don't want to.

Buuk