Band saw profiling jig

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

chrismp

Post by chrismp »

awesome! what kind of blade are you using now?
i think i'll have try this with a snowboard core someday...
brazgotine

yo

Post by brazgotine »

Hej twizzstyle, can you show us some pictures of actual cutting ?

Did you use something like this:

viewtopic.php?t=2283

Greetings !!!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

The photos in that thread won't load for me at work (blocked by my company). But if I remember right, I think Jan was cutting straight tapers, is that right?

Mine uses a profile board (crib) so the profile shape can be anything. I had my profile board CNC'd, and I put skateboard grip tape on it. I'll cut some more test pieces in a couple of days and take some photos/video of it in action.
OAC

Post by OAC »

Am I a legend now? :D
Yes the "Core-Master" only made straight tapers. In my case the band saw project is on hold until I get a bigger, stronger bandsaw, preferably with a bigger table (of iron!).
I will follow your project closely!
brazgotine

yo

Post by brazgotine »

yo twizz, thank's for reply. I am waiting because I want to buy good band saw. My original plan was to buy cheap planer and cheap band saw. But now I will put all the money in band saw.

Greetings !!!
Damon

Post by Damon »

Revisiting this a little bit - Sean, you still profiling this way? Building a shop, I'm trying to decide if I can forgo a planer altogether, and put the money into a nicer bandsaw.
Xenia

Post by Xenia »

Nice jig
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Still haven't used it for an actual core... The test pieces I did way back came out perfect, then when I was ready to do it on a real pair of skis, the cores were too wide for my band saw (my powder skis are 150mm at the tips). And for the last pair I did, I just did it on the planer cause I know it works... :(

I need to get a new wood blade for the bandsaw and try this again, my wood blades are all toast right now.