Nuking around Squaw on St. Patrick's Day

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Dr. Delam

Nuking around Squaw on St. Patrick's Day

Post by Dr. Delam »

The snow just keeps coming here in the Sierras. We are getting close to 700 inches for the season with 45 inches in the last 24 hours.

Last week on St. Patty's Day we had a break in the weather and actually saw the sun so it was a good day for some helmet camera action.

I brought out my Nuke skis and loved every minute of it.

Here is a a little edit of some footage from the day. Sorry, but I didn't bother putting any fancy music to the edit so you'll just hear the wind noise.

OAC

Post by OAC »

You lucky bas...! 8) Nice video!
The snow seems to be everywhere this season, and NOT where I am! :(
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Yeah, heard on the news Tahoe got like 7 feet recently. Where do you put it after awhile :) Nice problem to have, if you're a skier/boarder :D

Excellent video! 8) Why do I live on the east coast??

We still had about 16-20in in the backyard 2 weeks ago. Then we went on a cruise (Caribbean) for a week, came back and it was all gone except for a few crusty snow banks. Kind of bummed me out. But it's staying colder than normal so the ski areas up north should still have good coverage.

Hoping to get 1 more day in.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Gaaahhh, I'm just green with envy. I originally thought that by boardbuilding I would get more boots on the mountain time...so far, that hasn't really worked out :( . Beautiful video!
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

damn! you got some skills!
the alps weren't blessed with a lot of snow this season...bummer.