Group buy on edges anyone?

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

jvangelder

Group buy on edges anyone?

Post by jvangelder »

We need to buy edges very soon, and before we just buy what we need, i figured id throw up a feeler if anyone wants to go in on a small spool from CDW

The profile im buying is 0.310 overall width, the 'edge' is 0.085 wide and 0.078 tall, the teeth are 0.028 thick.

We can buy a spool for aprox 1300 with a 4-500 quote for shipping. The spool weights 300lbs. Our rough math is an 84" edge is 94 grams. so thats aprox 1440 pc of 84" at around 1.25 each with the high shipping quote. vs over $3.00 any quantities under a spool

We really only want enough edges for 100-150 boards, so if enough local's want to split this in some way id be all for it. We are in southern Nh, id be willing to meet people as far south as boston and as far north as portland, not to interested in driving farther

If it looks like there is real intreast, ill get a solid quote from CDW, this is just a verbal over the phone from them.

FYI, its a 6 week + 3 business day turn around from CDW ARO

-Jacob
jacob@injured-riders.com
agiocochook

Post by agiocochook »

I'm interested....but in the 50 pairs of skis range.

Scott
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

so aprox 1200 feet give or take?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

that seems like a ridiculous shipping quote for a single skid coming from ohio.
Call abf they will beat that no prob. have to have an account but its worth it. It should be half that.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
teleman36

edge buy

Post by teleman36 »

We have a freight broker who works with us building skis. Best deal from Cleavland is 150$ for a residential or commercial delivery to southern NH. I will take edges for 100 pairs of skis at those dims as long as they are blasted and primed. Lets make this happen. 6 weeks just fits into our system. Later, Mark
l
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

I thought the same thing. Ive shipped complete engines with transmissions for 300. Im not sure if that includes the shipping from Europe.

The sales guy Mike at CDW isnt back untill Monday, at at that time im getting a firm quote, ill ask about using our own shipping and am going to get a specific length on the roll vs the '300lb' length i have now

Im not sure about the blasted and primed, i will ask monday

-Jacob
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

Edges are blasted and coated for bonding.

Enough people are interested that the entire roll is actually spoken for, so looks like we should move on this

If you are one of the interested people and don't get an email / pm from me tonight please email jacob@injured-riders.com to make sure im not forgetting someone

-Jacob
amidnightproject

Re: Group buy on edges anyone?

Post by amidnightproject »

jvangelder wrote:
FYI, its a 6 week + 3 business day turn around from CDW
I would honestly add about 2 months to that estimated turnaround. I've been trying to get my material since May and when I first placed the order and shipped them my templates they said only 3 weeks.

Just a heads up.
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

that made my heart sink. Hopfully not buying pre-bent edges speeds things up

-Jacob
amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

jvangelder wrote:that made my heart sink. Hopfully not buying pre-bent edges speeds things up

-Jacob
I sure hope thats the case for you. It's been a pain for me so I hope the fact your buying just a roll makes it faster.
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

Got a solid quote at 4.35 a lb. Everyone should have gotten an email this morning as id like to order this week.

CDW has a shipment comming now, if we order quick enough we can get delivery around the 1st week of october

-Jacob
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

for all of those involved, last of the check's cleared today and i got the order in with cdw.

-Jacob
deepskis

Europe

Post by deepskis »

I have about 300 meters if anywhone is interested. Sand blasted. Fits to 1.2mm base.

Sweden.
Every turn is a sign of fear

www.deepskis.com
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

Edge's are in ohio, ill have all shipping info by tuesday and ill start getting them here

-Jacob
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

Edge's arrived today.