Materials suppliers

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

tsherman

Materials suppliers

Post by tsherman »

Hey everyone. This is my first post on this site, but I've been reading all of yours for quite some time and have learned a profound amount of information. I am unfortunately still having some difficulty locating bulk materials, specifically profiled cores, and protective film that goes over the graphics. We have base and top sheet material on lock with Crown Plastics, but would appreciate any help on locating better deals on everything else. Thank you to everyone who comments on this.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

You're going to find this is more difficult than actually building the skis.
Stuff can be had periodically but to nail down suppliers that can consistently get you what you want for the price you want is damn near impossible.
Good luck, as I further secure good suppliers I will list them, if they agree to be listed.
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

regarding the film, masking tape works pretty darn good too, and you can get it from U-Line or from wherever your local graphics shops get it from, if you watch the ease and speed at which a graphics shop can throw masking over a die cut printout of large vynil graphics... its not that difficult and all the bubbles squeeze out flat if you're pressing with heat.
Doug
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

I'm not is a position to use these guys, but they have an 'oversupply' section. Might be worth a call?

http://www.gracosupply.com/products/ove ... inventory/
tsherman

Post by tsherman »

Thank you Knightsofnii amd Richuk. I appreciate both of your replies.