hello

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

full circle

hello

Post by full circle »

Hello, I guess my first post made some people unhappy. I apologize. Im just looking to start building boards and came to this site to gain knowledge and meet some people. I built boards a few years ago, but my memory is a little bad. Im just looking to put together some tooling to get started. Im not trying to buy out anyone or offend anyone. Once again I apologize if I did that. Anyone that would like to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Everybody is welcome around here, don't get too off-put by any comments, we're all friends here in a weird internet way. :) Most people on here do everything on their own from scratch and take a lot of pride in it, so if you try to skip some of the hard legwork required before you get to the "fun" part (actually laying up boards/skis), that can come off the wrong way.

But if you're in it to start a business, and not just a hobby, you might be taking a different approach, and that is fine. Just remember that the majority of the forum members are home-builders :) Brazen is a good person to talk to about building boards as a business.

Again, welcome to the forum! :D Always great to have more enthusiastic members!
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Cool, another lunatic has joined the asylum! Looks like you met the barking dog at the front door :-) Not to worry. I second Twizzs comments.

There's plenty of help and support here. btw- I hope you realize you'll never be the same.
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

Hi Kurt!

Welcome to forum and I'm sure you'll find tons of information here to fuel whatever dreams you have. I admire that you're starting a business, so don't be afraid to ask and I'm confident that everyone here is willing to help. Looking forward to seeing your work!!