Website Building

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

skidesmond

Website Building

Post by skidesmond »

So for those of you that have a website or know people who do, do any of you use sites like 1and1, godaddy, etc to develop and host your sites? Any recommendations? I don't want to re-invent the wheel creating a website. I have a general format in my head. Should be easy to maintain and update. I want something that provides a professional look, nothing cheesy or hokey. Oh and cost effective. Thanks.
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

I use godaddy for domain hosting, but not web hosting. my day job uses godaddy as a web-host and i really despise it.

i recently moved most of my hosting to fatcow.com. even though the whole marketing feel of fatcow seems almost childish IE cute and funny, ive had zero problems, zero downtime etc with them

i believe the basic hosting is around 70 a year which is pretty inexpensive.

-Jacob
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Thanks! I find godaddy a bit on the wild site with their advertising. Makes you wonder what type of clients they're chasing. Not complaining mind you.... :-)
falls

Post by falls »

I have used siteground for web hosting - think roughly 60US a year. Siteground seems to be "up" all the time although the site doesn't get much traffic.
I do the web design with Adobe Dreamweaver - albeit a bit amateurishly.
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

I use www.wix.com. Super easy and you can fully customize everything. I still purchased my website name from Godaddy.com and then forward with a mask to www.ozsnowboards.com. I have tried the godaddy website tonight and it sucks.
amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

^^^ Website tonight does blow mad chunk. Avoid it at all costs.
teleman36

website hosting

Post by teleman36 »

Has anyone had any expereince with Squarespce. I had started with a free trail period, but did not get to far. Looks like it it offers all the bells and whistles.