For Sale: Montana Stone Grinder

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

SRP

For Sale: Montana Stone Grinder

Post by SRP »

I have an old Montana Stone Grinder for sale. It's in really good shape for it's age, stone is 115 mm wide, comes with all tools. These could also be used with another kit to be set up as a belt sander. Looking for $500 obo. I just really need the room in the shop and the guys at the ski shop give me to good a deal to keep it. Located in southeast Idaho. Contact me with any questions. Scott

[/img]
SRP

Post by SRP »

Well the pics didn't work. I'll try some links.

amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

Dang that stone looks new.

Is it easy to get a wider stone for it? Or would I be able to stone a 150mm powder ski by doing two passes?

Also is it easy to do the belt sander conversion?
SRP

Post by SRP »

Sorry for taking a little while to get back to you. I don't think it's hard to get a new stone, but it can be spendy from what I have heard. If it was for persona use or trying to get something started it might be worth just trying to find a decent used stone. As for the belt sanding kit. I haven't looked into how hard it would be to find one. Best bet wold be to talk with manufacturer and see if they have an opld one around. Thanks for looking. Let me know if you have any other questions.