Pay for SnoCad

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. The program is being worked on and it looking great!

I hope to have the opportunity to update this thread later this week - will keep you posted.
FrontierSkis

Post by FrontierSkis »

I am also interested very interested.
Will it be Java based like Snocad?
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

I am loooking forward to this! Love to check it out!
cliffhucker

Post by cliffhucker »

I have used snocad x successfully for the past year without a hitch, and now just tonight, I am unable to use it, anybody know whats going on with it? Or is it just my computer???
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Sno Cad appears to be down again. I also have boardcrafter, but the sidecut radius is definitely off on Boardcrafter. Does anyone have a good replacement software? Solidworks is a bit out of my budget.
Mud

Post by Mud »

And it's up!!!

Use it while you can!
Doug in MN
amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

For what it's worth, anyone with a '.edu' email address can download Autocad and it's sister programs for free now and use it.

http://students.autodesk.com/

Just passing it along for those that want to learn and can access it :)
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

amidnightproject wrote:For what it's worth, anyone with a '.edu' email address can download Autocad and it's sister programs for free now and use it.

http://students.autodesk.com/

Just passing it along for those that want to learn and can access it :)
I'd just be VERY careful using that student software if you are selling anything ;)
cam.smith

Post by cam.smith »

Not really on topic but I cant seem to get my snow cad to work. It is version 1.0.7.a It doenst let me save, export templates, or shape the core. Actually the only thing it lets me to is design the shape of the ski. I have already reinstalled it but it didn't fix the issue. Can anyone help?
Cadman

Post by Cadman »

The Solidworks site has a 2d program called Draftsight that is free and it is almost like autocad. I think they designed it to attract Autocad users. Drawing skis is not that difficult if you understand a few things about geometry. I wouldn't waste my time with Snowcad. It take liberties that makes your geometry non tangent.

20-30 dollars for a cad program? Come on guys, you can't even get a descent dinner for that now a days. Think about all the coding that goes into a program like that.
OAC

Post by OAC »

I'm in the DraftSight den, and it's very comprehensive for being a free product. One thing I want to do is to make a tip/tail template. Were you can change the shape with only one(or a few) points, like in SnoCAD. How do I do that? Anyone?
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

3 point curve
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
OAC

Post by OAC »

Brazen wrote:3 point curve
Hmm...what is that? I have 3 point Arc and "spline"...
The 3-p Arc makes an even arc, the spline just makes me want to shut down the app....
OAC

Post by OAC »

Maybe the "Spline" could be something? :idea:
falls

Post by falls »

you can adjust the spline's nodes and it changes the shape. usually there are settings of whether the spline passes through all your points or near them for best fit. word of warning with splines is that the radius constantly changes in a spline so trying to bend edges around a splinen(in my experience) can be a real pain.
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....