vacuum bagging

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Jackson M

vacuum bagging

Post by Jackson M »

I am building my own pair of skis but don't have the money to buy/make a press. I've heard vacuum bagging can be an alternative, and my question is, does anyone have any tips or pointers on how to make this system more effective?
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

There is a TON of advice around here, please utilize (heavily) the search function.
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Make a cassette to keep things lined up and I use 2 small nails to hold the materials in place. It my sound crude to nail your project to the mold but it's guaranteed things won't slide around.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Why do I feel like this is a spam post? First it was posted in the journal section (I moved it), and second it seems like you just joined, and without reading anything, asked a very general question. I'll probably delete the thread.
Jackson M

Vacuum Bagging

Post by Jackson M »

twizzstyle, I am asking this very general question because I am making the skis for a project in school and have a limited timeframe. I just joined because I just figured out about this website. I appreciate your input but don't jump to conclusions so quickly next time. Thanks.
deepskis

Post by deepskis »

Hi!
On my website you find a "how to section" and some short movies.

Good luck with your school project :D
Every turn is a sign of fear

www.deepskis.com
twizzstyle

Re: Vacuum Bagging

Post by twizzstyle »

Jackson M wrote:twizzstyle, I am asking this very general question because I am making the skis for a project in school and have a limited timeframe. I just joined because I just figured out about this website. I appreciate your input but don't jump to conclusions so quickly next time. Thanks.
Fair enough. Everything you need to know has been discussed in the forums here. I know there is a lot to sift through, but it's all here and you'll learn a ton just browsing/reading. Your question is extremely vague. Read first, ask later.

(we get a lot of spambots posting on our forum, so you'll have to excuse my concern about spam posts, sometimes it's hard to tell! :) )
maximegb5

Post by maximegb5 »

Hello,

It is doable as a school project, I did it with mitigated sucess. But read the forum and research, it will be even more convenient and will bring you much more than just asking vague questions.

Try to find a school that might allow you to use their vacuum bagging equipment. They have experience which will probably help you quite a lot.

Good luck!
Maxime