PID Help

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mikemigs10

PID Help

Post by mikemigs10 »

hello everyone,

i have actually built my second press and just got the heat pads hooked up by my electrician.

My first press was up in boston but i had to move back to CT and i ended up selling the first press. my second press is pretty much a replica of happy monkey but i modified it to suit my needs. my problem right now is the first press the heat pads were setup while i was away so i never actually saw the setup process.

I need help setting the controllers and was wondering if anyone had values that they could run through with me, or could point me to a discussion on here that has already talked about it.

the controller that i am using it the jld612 and i have the manual in front of me and have set what i think are the right setting but the heat pads are not ramping up to 180 degrees fast enough and they don't even feel like they are heating up at all when the temp reads 75. it is suppose to get to 180 and that is indicated on the target value display.

once i am up and running i am very excited to share my experience with everyone.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

That one ha as an autotune. Super easy. On like page 5. Just let it go.
What wattage are the blankets? 120 or 240v
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
mikemigs10

Post by mikemigs10 »

the blackets are 220. I am going to try the auto tune and see what happens. thank you
mikemigs10

Post by mikemigs10 »

so i got one of the blankets working with the auto tune. i have to figure out some setting because it ramped up to way over 180 but the one that i had messed with before i have to go back and reset because for some reason it wont auto tune.

thanks for the help!
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

mikemigs10 wrote:so i got one of the blankets working with the auto tune. i have to figure out some setting because it ramped up to way over 180 but the one that i had messed with before i have to go back and reset because for some reason it wont auto tune.

thanks for the help!
Hey Mike,
Check to see if there is a setting in the auto tune that you can change the "aggressiveness" mine has three different settings within the auto tune. Also you might be able to adjust the output level or temp to limit the output so it will "shut-off" once it goes to high.

(I do not have the same PID as you).