Increased inventory and selections

All ski building related commercial posts go here. So if you want to advertise, sell something, etc., please do so here. Personal stuff should be placed in "Yard sale (non-commercial)".

Moderators: Head Monkey, skidesmond, chrismp

Miller Studio

Increased inventory and selections

Post by Miller Studio »

It's getting colder outside...time for the snow sports to heat up! We wanted to get the word out that we have increased our inventories on some products and we are also carrying a few new items this year.

PBT - For snow sports top materials we now have gloss pbt as well as LAES's Carbonium finish. For those that are not familiar with it, Never Summer has been using it for a couple years. It has a structured texture to it. We have very little request for pbt in matte, but will carry it if there is enough interest. Let us know.

White nylon - In the white nylon, our biggest seller is the 6661 (sanded and flame treated) and we also have a couple new rolls of the 8100 series fleece backed white nylon on the way. We had some factory blem issues with our fleeced nylon, but new product is on the way and our fingers are crossed that it will be good and we can fill some backed up orders.

Clear Nylon - In clear nylon we are now carrying Isosport's 8210 in gloss, matte and a new gloss texture called pi19. Pi19 is a gloss with an unstructured "pebble" pattern. You can use the clear nylons without graphics as well as having us sublimate them or doing it yourself.

Note: When graphics are sublimated into clear nylon, remember the colors transfer via a gas process, so there is no opacity. Think of an effect like stain glass. You can laminate as is, with your best results from a light colored core with colors in your graphic that go well with that. The colors will be muted somewhat but with the right graphic it can look great. (We would be happy to send interested clients to some sites online that show this look.) After sublimation, there is an option to coat the entire sheet or a selective part of the sheet with white after to brighten the colors and give the sheet opacity. When doing this I recommend only using the Basler epoxies that were designed for the Isosport nylons. Although people have used the NazDar and Sericol epoxies for this, and some have made it work, we do not recommend it.

Feel free to write us with any questions. If the store isn't working for you or you run into any glitches, just e-mail your order directly. Eventually we will be changing the store from the free Word Press version that we are suing as soon as we can find a suitable replacement.
gozaimaas

Post by gozaimaas »

I emailed you 2 weeks ago re shipping to oz as the prices the calculator gives are a little bit crazy :D
Still waiting for reply.
Last edited by gozaimaas on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miller Studio

Post by Miller Studio »

Sorry Leigh,
I thought we got back to you on this. Email has been replied to.

For other curious of shipping cost around the world, we have used the flat rate boxes through USPS to keep costs down. They cost $60 and each box can hold a handful of tops or other materials. FedEx and UPS costs are too high for international shipments.
falls

Post by falls »

I got 3 last year from Miller gozaimaas. Came rolled up in a USPS cardboard box. No crimping or any problems, just get them out when they arrive and lay them flat or at least in a looser roll. Was about $60 I think as they say.
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
gozaimaas

Post by gozaimaas »

Miller Studio wrote:Sorry Leigh,
I thought we got back to you on this. Email has been replied to.

For other curious of shipping cost around the world, we have used the flat rate boxes through USPS to keep costs down. They cost $60 and each box can hold a handful of tops or other materials. FedEx and UPS costs are too high for international shipments.
Thanks Vince.
gozaimaas

Post by gozaimaas »

falls wrote:I got 3 last year from Miller gozaimaas. Came rolled up in a USPS cardboard box. No crimping or any problems, just get them out when they arrive and lay them flat or at least in a looser roll. Was about $60 I think as they say.
yeah I got some too, very happy with the product.
Miller Studio

Post by Miller Studio »

I might have spoken too soon about how well the international shipping has gone through the US Postal Service. We received word back from a client in New Zealand that their product had not arrived after about a month wait. We tracked the package and found it has been in Russia for the last three weeks. We can't be certain it will ever be sent on, so we are redoing the order and sending it again.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

I had two parcels from the UK and the US make a detour via Australia (I live in Austria) and both arrived at my place just fine after filing a complaint at the postal service.

The inserts I ordered from Miller arrived here in no time!
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Chris that happens everytime I send somthing to austria. The austrailia country code is the same as a zip code in austria or town code or whatev. Usps always fu cks that up. Danm it. Why can't they rectify that its been like 5 years.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

Yeah, both countries have four digit zip-codes that only consist of numbers afaik. Still, the city names are completely different...one would think they check that as well.
gozaimaas

Post by gozaimaas »

As far as most yanks are concerned they are both the same place anyway lol
falls

Post by falls »

If you want something to go to Austria you need to write "no kangaroos" on it. If you want it to go to Australia just write "kangaroos".
:)
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

gozaimaas wrote:As far as most yanks are concerned they are both the same place anyway lol
Wait.... What.... You mean they're not?! :?