A site member has passed on!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Dtrain

A site member has passed on!

Post by Dtrain »

Hey guys,

I Found out Holmtech who posted here and Made H-tech skis passed at Baker June 20th. He had only built a few pair and they looked Bomber.
Probably was taken on a pair of his own.

We all make skis and snowboards because we love to ride. I sometimes forget how scary things can get. :(

Rip Dude!
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Are you sure it was him? I see he last posted on June 22, 2013. Hoping we haven't lost one of the tribe.
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

gezzz... I hope this is not true. just reminds you how fast it can be all taken away. Live everyday to the fullest.
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

I apologize. wasnt holmtech. It Was the second half of h-tech skis. his name was Kieth.

Here is one of Mark his a Kieths layup videos

holmtech

Post by holmtech »

Wow, just ran across this. Thanks for the sentiments. Yes, I'm still kicking, but unfortunately my friend Keith did pass skiing the Coleman Headwall on Mt Baker on June 15th, 2012.

Here's a little clip that KOMO did on Keith.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Keit ... =video&c=y

Keith was an amazing guy with an incredible drive for life. While I did the heavy research and work, I would have never gotten into this whole ski building endeavor if it wasn't for Keith's support and encouragement. I am lucky to have known Keith for the few short years that we hung out and skied together.

I nearly tried to do the same a few months later and broke my back and neck while mountain biking in late August of last year. 2 surgeries, 3 months in a neck collar, and 2 months of hard core antibiotics after a surgical infection, but with a whole new outlook on life I feel quite lucky to be here and back at it. I skied Stevens Pass this past Saturday on teles and was getting after it by the end of the day as though I had never been injured. I feel lucky for every day I have. A day of skiing and standing up strait is just amazingly awesome.

This little fiberglass angel was sent to me as a gift from A&P Technology last winter while I was recovering. Image
Hopefully you all have a fiberglass guardian angel looking out for you.

And thank you all. This forum is awesome!