First pair testing

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

pavelbozak

First pair testing

Post by pavelbozak »

Hi guys!

I d like to share two videos of testing my first pair. At first, I have to say that there were few things after removing from ski press I wanted to change next time. But this seems to be quite normal.

These fat boys are 192 cm: 146 - 127 - 140, R cca 32 m, full reverse camber. High quality ash (naturaly dried, high density of fibers) core, abs sidewalls, 2 layers of biaxial fiberglass (800 g/m2) ...
pavelbozak

Post by pavelbozak »

After this season I have to say I was satisfied with the result how they worked. The flex is pretty stiff, sidecut long enough for my style of skiing and the durability? - quite fine I thing, no unusual defects. I only had to do a base repare after landing on rocks and just hit them underfoot. But this was not mistake of skis, it was just because of my impatiance in the beginning of the season.

I have also built one pair for my mum, she have skied them more than 30 days this season and no defects too. So It made me to continue with skibuilding this summer. I hope the appearance of skis will be better and better with next pairs and also the properties.
pavelbozak

Post by pavelbozak »

I have to wait until I can share links ...
gozaimaas

Post by gozaimaas »

Sounds good mate ;-)
Post some pics up too
pavelbozak

Post by pavelbozak »

Finally I hope it will works now with links :)

There is some good pow in the first video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJnOMhEVjfU

There is some pow too but more mixed conditions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HhJ5Z5bdP4

I am not sure how to put images, but I m gonna try :D

After finishing

Rocker shape

"Product photo with almost proffessional model" :D
pavelbozak

Post by pavelbozak »

I am sorry about not confortable links to photos, but I am new here and don t know how to put photo into text. If anyone could send me a message how to, I d be grateful... :)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Hi,

niiiiiice videos! Watching this makes summer even worse :)

Can't open the flickr links even if I paste them directly in the address line of the browser...
pavelbozak

Post by pavelbozak »

I started with skibuilding just because summer is always killing me. I love skiing and skibuilding is way how to make waiting for next winter shorter...

Nor I can see the photos on flicker, there is probably some problem from their side, I just uploaded photos on czech photo server, try this link, there is 5 photos:

http://pavelbozak.rajce.idnes.cz/ski_2013/#image_5.jpg
falls

Post by falls »

Looked like great fun! And great snow in the first video.
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Nice video and skills!
pavelbozak

Post by pavelbozak »

Thanks guys, my aim was to ski them in a fwq competition but unfortunatelly there were icy/rocky conditions so i decided to take my old classic (scott pure 194)

last season was quite poor on snow in austria, hope next season will be much better :)