Anniversary

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

FlamingYeti

Anniversary

Post by FlamingYeti »

Just wanted to point out that I noticed that today is the 10 year anniversary of this forum. The user "administrator" was registered on December 11, 2004. In that time, 44881 articles have been posted. Nice job everyone.
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

If I had not stubbled upon this forum, not only would my work suck, but I may have never started at all? Thanks to everybody.

Derek
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Glad the bill got paid! :-)

I agree DTRAIN. I'm sure I would have spent thousands of $$$ more had I not came across this site. It's been challenging even with all the info. It's all here, just need to make the effort to look for it.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Dtrain wrote:If I had not stubbled upon this forum, not only would my work suck, but I may have never started at all? Thanks to everybody.

Derek
X1000 ditto!!!!!!
falls

Post by falls »

It's a double edged sword isn't it!
Without this forum I would be blissfully ignorant of the fact you could build your own skis, but because of it I have a great/frustrating hobby!
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
gav wa

Post by gav wa »

As with probably a few others on here I started with just a plan to make a simple powder board, no edges, horizontal laminate and bent onto shape by wetting it all out and bending it over a few days over a drum.
Then I found this site and my girlfriend hasn't really seen me since :)
OAC

Post by OAC »

falls wrote:It's a double edged sword isn't it!
Without this forum I would be blissfully ignorant of the fact you could build your own skis, but because of it I have a great/frustrating hobby!
x1000 ditto!!!
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

I learned possibility of diy ski making for the first time from 333skis shortly after I discover this forum and.... downhill from there lol. can't imagine what would've been if333 become only source how to build skis lol
one thing for sure without this form ski making would never become a reality for me
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
richie

amen!

Post by richie »

yup you guys are right on the money, this forum is such a great resource and really lays down the gauntlet and says no secrets and anyone can build skis and boards!

Thanks to the brothers for starting skibuilders forum and thanks to all you dudes for sharing.

cheers
Rich
MonkeyCAM and SnoCAD - https://github.com/mikemag
Ski binding mounting https://github.com/splitn2/DrillSki

Richard Harcourt | www.splitn2.com | Christchurch New Zealand
rich@splitn2.com | www.facebook.com/splitn2