Press to air compressor hook up?

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

joeyrideout

Press to air compressor hook up?

Post by joeyrideout »

I just picked up a press from a guy I know but cant get ahold of him b/c he is down in Chile riding for a few weeks (lucky dude!). Anways does anyone have insight on how I'm to connect these hoses to the air compressor line? Insight and wisdom will be great! Thanks!

*Can't post image yet...something about need to post 2 times before I can...if you might be able to help I can PM you
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

I assume the hoses already have some sort of fitting on them. Then it's just a matter of getting a hose with a large enough diameter to fit over the fitting and secure it with a hose clamp. If the hose diameter is a bit to small you can always heat the hose end a bit and force it onto the fitting. This will ensure a tight seal.

If your hoses don't have fittings on them, I'd recommend following this method: http://www.happymonkeysnowboards.com/Mo ... onnections
JSquare

Post by JSquare »

Someone on here has a setup using shreader valve stems they got from an automotive supply and mating features. We use the happymonkey method.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

I have that setup with the car valves. In the meantime i took out the valves and just use the stems hooked up directly to the compressor with hoses that fit over the stems.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

chrismp wrote:I have that setup with the car valves. In the meantime i took out the valves and just use the stems hooked up directly to the chimompressor with hoses that fit over the stems.
I have difficult to picture how car tire valves can be installed on the fire hose. Pictures?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

You need metal car valves like this:

Just add some washers and larger diamter seals and you're good to go.