Slant Skis is Selling Complete Ski Press - Tahoe City, CA

All ski building related commercial posts go here. So if you want to advertise, sell something, etc., please do so here. Personal stuff should be placed in "Yard sale (non-commercial)".

Moderators: Head Monkey, skidesmond, chrismp

Slant

Slant Skis is Selling Complete Ski Press - Tahoe City, CA

Post by Slant »

Hi Ski Builders,
--for pictures-->http://tahoesnowlab.com/ski-press

We are selling our trusty ski press. We have pressed hundreds of pairs of skis with this press. It is in complete working order. The new one we are designing is the same as this, except it will be double decker so we have a more efficient space.

The rigid opening is 18" deep x 11" high x 76" across between the vertical posts. The entire press is 8' across and 67" high. You can press with the entire 8' (240+ cm), but it's easiest to access the mold from the side pressing 200cm + skis.

The press is made of twin I-beams top and bottom. There is 3/16 plate top and bottom, spanning the beams. It is bare steel.

It is on heavy duty casters so you can push it....slowly. It weighs about 1,700 lbs. But you can bring it with you wherever you want to go!

We usually press at about 45 psi. We have calculated the pressure at around 22 tons.

I will include our temperature control setup along with a newer heat mat. We usually press around 180º F. This controller will allow you so set whatever temp you want. It runs off single-phase 220V power for the heat and 110v for the controller.

I will include our 1/2" square tube cat-track.

The industrial grade goodyear fire hoses are included too. Along with the air hoses and pressure gauge. Just plug it into a compressor. You don't need a huge one.

We have a lay-up bench that I can include too if you're interested. It is attached to the front of the press in the photos and we keep our cassettes stacked there. Cassettes are not included, but I could throw a couple in if you want.

Finally, the adjustable top mold is also included. We've pressed skis and boards from 130cm to over 200cm with this top mold. We can also include one bottom mold to get you started if you need.

I think that's everything. Let me know if you have any questions. I will not part this out. It will only be sold as a complete package.

Asking $3,500 OBO for everything. Shipping not included, but I can load it on to a truck for you if you want to ship it.

I can't get the pictures to link to this forum so please follow the link for pictures
of the press: http://tahoesnowlab.com/ski-press

Press is located at Slant Skis HQ - 1730 River Rd, Tahoe City, CA, 96145

Call, text, or email for more info.

Thanks!!
Josh
josh@slantskis.com

MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

from the looks of it this press shouldn't be difficult to modified into double-decker
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
Slant

Post by Slant »

MadRussian wrote:from the looks of it this press shouldn't be difficult to modified into double-decker
Yes, you could add a second area for pressing below the lower beams, but it would be near the floor.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

why go down?

I wonder shorten thelegs and add I-beams on top. Modify/change/reinforce vertical support.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do..... We just have a conversation :D
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
Slant

Post by Slant »

Press is sold. It's headed to WA.