Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heat controller build help

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Equipment and Tools (e.g., ski press, core profiler, etc)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormyclouds

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Heat controller build help Reply with quote

I can do/figure out a lot of things but electrical work is not one of them and time doesn't permit me to learn right now. IS there anyone out there who I can hire to build me a controller for my new press? Thanks
Danielbroski

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most controllers are done with PID controllers and solid state relays. Super simple set up, but I recently stumbled upon this pre-made Inkbird controller. http://www.homebrewsupply.com/inkbird-digital-temperature-controller-thermostat-110v.html?gclid=CIOBtsKlyc4CFQQKaQodxRgHDw. Costs a little more than it would if you made one, but probably less than it would cost to have someone build you one. Only downside is its only 110v but that may not be an issue with your blankets.
Sotto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go to skibuilders.com not the forum page. click on articles tab at the top of the page. then there is a link for Heated ski press. then there is a diagram half way down the page.
MadRussian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't need to build controller. Line voltage thermostat can be used to control blankets… I'm using those without any problems.
Simple to set up, simple wiring… Inexpensive. Can be wired for 110 or 220… 16 A in 110; 8 A in 220. Comes with T.C. ..... What else can I say practically plug-and-play
SHIF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built one using a PID controller, SSR, and power entry module having a switch and fuses. All parts sourced on eBay.

If you can't do this maybe you should consider commercial temperature process controllers such as those shown in this link:
http://www.omega.com/subsection/benchtop-wallmount-controllers.html

-S
MontuckyMadman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have a super simple chinese thermostat on a 3000 watt 240v blanket. It ocilates a few degrees rather than the pid ssr controllers I have but super cheap and simple. Gets warm at 350f it the pid ones get warm also at 180f.

I'm still a tang on top guy.
stormyclouds

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm just going to build my controller. I'm trying to get all my numbers sorted now. Thanks!
stormyclouds

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a have two pids and ssr's for two blankets, do need to two Dp contractors? Thanks!
mikic1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also good one,
http://www.happymonkeysnowboards.com/wiki5/index.php?title=Press_heat_control_and_thermocouples#Schematics_and_Electrical_Advice
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Equipment and Tools (e.g., ski press, core profiler, etc) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: