22oz triax, not all the same, not even close

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

I believe that was a corning 22oz. That is the best looking product I have seen. Easiest to work with also.
Good wet out, very stiff before layup and did not fragment and turn to wisps of shit like much of the other 22oz out there.
Very consistent weave with no blems.
If we could get that stuff every time that would be ideal.
I would pay a premium for it.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

all right then, I'm gonna keep the remaining 8 rolls :p
Thanks for your feedback !
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
powderho

Post by powderho »

I've used 4 different brands of triax and the Owens Corning is by far my favorite for the reasons MM listed. It is definitely the easiest to use.
stormyclouds

Post by stormyclouds »

Any news on this topic? I have been using the stuff from fiberglass supply. I like the glass with the exception of the inconsistency of the fibers. I use a clear topsheet over pigmented resin and this really accentuates the voids in the very big strands. I would love a resource for some consistent, smooth triaxial glass. Thanks!
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

stormyclouds wrote:Any news on this topic? I have been using the stuff from fiberglass supply. I like the glass with the exception of the inconsistency of the fibers. I use a clear topsheet over pigmented resin and this really accentuates the voids in the very big strands. I would love a resource for some consistent, smooth triaxial glass. Thanks!
I did a comparison with Vectorply. do a search with my name. It maybe in my build page. I added photos too.

found it:
http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewt ... &start=120