2.5d vs 3d CAM software

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

burnside

Post by burnside »

LifeIsRiding - your link goes to a page saying the video is unavailable, could you try posting it again?

Would love to check out your demonstration!
LifeisRiding

Post by LifeisRiding »

Sorry about that.

This one should work.

LifeisRiding

Post by LifeisRiding »

Here is a link if you want to see or download this model and change it up to make it your own. Its just a super basic shape but a really good starting point you can tweak and change.

http://a360.co/2jSDgkc
password is : love the pow

If you like it let me know, or like it on youtube. I can do more videos showing how I make all the individual parts of a snowboard including the layers, inserts, sidewalls etc...

We could even get into the other Fusion workspaces like CAM, so you can see what types of tool paths I use on my CNC to actually make the shapes.
burnside

Post by burnside »

That was very helpful! Thanks for taking the time to make that.

I'm about to lose the SolidWorks license I get through work and have been looking for an affordable replacement - Fusion360 looks like the way to go.

That would be awesome if you made additional videos - stuff like adding edges, sidewall bevel, CAM, etc. Just make sure to post an update here :)