ISO fire hose

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Dream

ISO fire hose

Post by Dream »

Looking to make a new bladder, whatcha got?
PowderCad

Post by PowderCad »

Have you tried asking your local fire department? They typically do testing every year and throw some away that doesn't meet their needs. The hose is still good for our purposes..
---------------------------------
Get greater insight into your design
with our online stiffness calculater
www.powdercad.com
Dream

Post by Dream »

Yeah that's where I get it usually but they aren't doing testing till the end of May.
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Here in europe you can get decent firehose at builders supplies sold as "construction hose". Same quality and specs like firehose (except certification) and decent price. + they have it in bigger dia. then normal firehoses
Tom
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

I got 8" flat firehose
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
chrislandy

Post by chrislandy »

mammuth wrote:Here in europe you can get decent firehose at builders supplies sold as "construction hose". Same quality and specs like firehose (except certification) and decent price. + they have it in bigger dia. then normal firehoses
have you got any product codes / manufacturers? I've been having a terrible time finding something suitable
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Well, the one i use is labeled by the reseller, dont know the producer. And afaik this one just sells inside austria.

But they state its made in austria... Look for "Trevira Feuerwehrschlauch" (which is the firehose), maybe you find the producer.

Heres the link to the reseller:

https://shop.haberkorn.com/industriesch ... h-plus-m/0

I have some meters of the 110mm and 95mm left. But im off into the mountains now, if you need some and youre not in a hurry i can send it in may....
Last edited by mammuth on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Btw. Trevira is the outher material. Its a high strength polyester which is temperature resistant.
Tom