Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fontaine 680

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Equipment and Tools (e.g., ski press, core profiler, etc)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skidesmond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Fontaine 680 Reply with quote

I have a Fontaine 680 ski tuner. It appears the free wheel is now frozen. Before I start messing with it, does anyone know how the wheel comes off? It looks like I may need a wheel pulley. Anyone experience this before?

Thanks.
skidesmond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Dave at http://www.fontaineskituning.com/ and he was very helpful. Talked me through on how to dis-assemble the free wheel mechanism. Wasn't very difficult.
rnordell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The freewheel is held on with just a nut on the shaft of the eccentric tensioner. The drive side has a square key between the motor shaft and the wheel. If you don't already have it, here is the owners manual with a parts breakdown. http://www.fontaineskituning.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Fontaine-604.pdf

You can order replacement bearings from SVST. If your filter mount is cracked like mine was and you want a new one; I made a mold and vacuum formed a few. I might have an extra one in my storage unit.
skidesmond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Working on removing the bearings. I'll get the bearing either from SVST or from Dave. Also I googled the bearing and can probably get them from another source if I need too.
skidesmond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Working on removing the bearings. I'll get the bearing either from SVST or from Dave. Also I googled the bearing and can probably get them from another source if I need too.
MadRussian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skidesmond wrote:

bearings usually generic. Once you get it out. You can show it in any machine shop supply which sell them and they could easily match
skidesmond

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. Got the bearings locally at E.B. Atmus, Springfield Ma. They specialize in bearings of all kinds. Keep in mind if you need a bearing for anything.

https://www.ebatmus.com/

edit: The bearings popped out with a little persuasion. New ones went in pretty easily. Its all back together and working great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Equipment and Tools (e.g., ski press, core profiler, etc) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: