Recent site issues (Winter 2019)

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Head Monkey

Recent site issues (Winter 2019)

Post by Head Monkey »

Hey gang, as you likely noticed, the site was down for a bit there. I've been helping to get it going again, and you'll see that we're on the most recent of phpBB now (3.2.5). The previous version was 11 years old, so, yea, there are differences. And there may have been things lost in the conversion.

Please shout here if you see something missing or broken and I'll work on fixing it up ASAP.

Thanks for your patience,

Mike
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
mammuth

Re: Recent site issues (Winter 2019)

Post by mammuth »

I just shout .... HURRRAY!!!!! :D
Tom
Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

I've chatted with Kam and we're working on the user registration process. I've added reCAPTCHA v2 as an anti-spam measure and turned registration on. I'll keep a close eye on it daily for a while here to see if I've opened the floodgates to spam or not. If you see any crap creeping in, lemme know.

I've also gone thru the user regs since Feb and tried to let some people in. We got some sweet spam out of that within 20 min, so, yea, I've got some learning to do on how to decide on the old registrations :|
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Glad to see the site back up and running!