Another finished (single) ski press frame.

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

rasi

Another finished (single) ski press frame.

Post by rasi »

Finally, we're done! The single ski press frame is finished. :-D The steel bars are all welded together - no screws so far. There's plenty of space inside for a 205x32x18 cm (WxHxD) mold.

Pictures and notes (hover over the images - Flickr rules ;-) ) can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rasi/tags/skipresse/

Thanks for all your help!
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

rasi: very nice. thanks for sharing. question: how long is the press, i.e., what is the length between the end supports? is there enough room to accomodate excess bladder? welding is a great idea.
rasi

Post by rasi »

Thanks. Well, the intermediate space is 205x32x18 cm (WxHxD) what is roughly 81x13x7 inches.
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

i suggest testing the press when you finish building the bladder to make sure unwanted deflection is minimized. for example, the offset bars welded to the sides could potentially cause twisting of the frame when loaded. but i doubt it will be a problem....

keep us posted on how it works. we're curious... nice design overall...
Myrtle

renew link

Post by Myrtle »

I'm trying to gather information on presses others have built. I realize this is an OLD post, but could the OP please update the link to those Flickr pics? It would be most awesome
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

a look at his other flickr albums: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rasi/sets/1126145/ ;)