1st Timer

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bgriff624

1st Timer

Post by bgriff624 »

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I've been checking out this website and it's fantastic. I would really like to build a pair of skis, but a lot of this stuff is confusing! Probably my biggest problem though is whether or not to build a pneumatic or vacuum ski press. I don't have a lot of money (hey, i'm 15) so i need to have a cost-effective design. I hear that vacuum is the cheapest press (in both money and quality), but I hear people managing to build pneumatic presses for $200 and less. Which one to choose? Anyway, thanks for helping the new guy out. - bgriff624

p.s. I still don't get like half this stuff so feel free to elaborate on more than just the ski press! :)
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

i build mine for 100€, just have good connects, so if you dont have conects and skils build a vaccum... good luck
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

Welcome to the forums! Vacuum is the cheapest and easiest by far - almost as easy as vacuum sealing your leftover dinner!
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
krick3t

Post by krick3t »

what is the vaccuum...i dont believe i had ever seen that