I just met Glen Plake and he flexed my skis!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

o2bjedi

I just met Glen Plake and he flexed my skis!

Post by o2bjedi »

So I work in the repair shop at my local hill near St. Paul, MN and Glen Plake's rv tour happened to be rolling through today. I punched out and was walking over to the scene with my new pair of homebuilts that I waxed earlier in the shop. My supervisor called Plake over to check out my skis. He is such a great guy. He was asking me questions about them and how I made them and what-not. At one point he was flexing one of them and I was getting a little nervous that it might snap. What a great guy! What are the chances of me bringing them today only to meet him later on?!
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

oh man that's so awesome! I've always wanted to meet Plake. Did he say anything else about the skis?
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

AWESOME!!! I love Glen! Congrats on meeting him! Next time you should offer to race him down the hill on your skis :).
Idris

Post by Idris »

I met him here in Chamonix last winter (I guess he will be back later this winer again).
He thought our homebuilts cool....

He was very impressive to watch skiing. We were skiing evil wind affected snow on the glacier on the Aiguille du Midi and made it look lke skiing a nice piste!
MartinJern

Post by MartinJern »

Idris, It still buggs me that i went home early that day.... I want to ski with mr plake aswell, not just stand like a gigely scoolgirl behind him in the lift cue.
damn me...
Bucky Mullet

Post by Bucky Mullet »

Yeah man!!! Glen rocks.
He got locked onto a sailboat with me for ~4hours about 14 years ago. In TEXAS!
He's got a great attitude, one that all skiers should strive for... just having fun on snow!
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

cant believe he's still killin it, he's gotta be like into his 50's by now.
true role model for sure