inserts

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

ben_mtl

inserts

Post by ben_mtl »

Hi guys,

Was wondering if any of you has some spare inserts (M5, 10-12mm long) to sell me.
I found some on SBM but the longer are only 7.5mm.
Not sure for the M5, I have to check on my bindings (Marker Duke)...

Thanks
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

check with camax tools, www.camaxtoolco.com
they dont always have them but will sell you excess if they have any around
Doug
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

As I only need 20-30 inserts Camax is not OK for me. Anyway I found someone who sold me some 7.5mm inserts.
My concern is that my core is 11mm thick so inserts are too short.
What do you guys recommend to install them and is it a good idea to use inserts if they are too short ?
My plan was to countersink the core so the top of the insert is flush with the top of the core but this will leave a hole in the bottom face of the core. I will fill it with charged epoxy but will it be a significant source of failure ?
What size do you use for a 11mm core ? I saw lots of topics with 10 or 12mm but not 11...

thanks
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

like I said, if Camax has any excess inserts laying around, they have no problem with small orders. Its only when they're out of stock that they require a huge order to turn the machines on ;).
Doug
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

Yep that's right I called Camax 3 days ago and hey are OK for some 11,4mm / M5 inserts, it's gonna be perfect, the only thing is I'm not sure I'll have it in time: I'm in Montreal but leave to the Rockies in 2 weeks, my skis need to be finished by this time... tight schedule. David from Camax is really helpful and is doing his best to send everything the fastest he can.
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

I'm sure its been asked before but when will skibuilders start selling inserts?