Shifting during pressing

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

falls

Post by falls »

Hey redbull. I have been thinking about this a bit. You can get large sheets of what they make fridge magnets from. You could laminate a sheet to your aluminium cassette and then have a relatively cheap magnetic cassette. Ideally you place your base with edges and the magnets are strong enough to hold it in place. I'm not sure if that fridge magnet material is that strong though. I think to have non attached edges you not only need magnetic cassetes but a milled cassetet that is the exact tolerance of your edges and base. Then put the glass and core on top and with pressure the edges have nowhere to go.
Alternately use steel sheets and magnetise is somehow. Electromagnet?
It sounds like your dream would be a proper cassette milled from a magnetic material.
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
nrgboards

Post by nrgboards »

Can anyone tell me what the tool is in the video of wagner skis that Redbull posted. Its at 2:04 looks like some kind of base grinder connected to a drill?
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

I think it's power brush for structuring the base. I've seen the same thing in a Toko or Swix wax demo video.
falls

Post by falls »

yeah. It's called a rotobrush.

I think it might work on the wax on the base rather than the base itself. Not really sure.
here's another one in action. Looks like it would be wide enough for a snowboard
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....